Six Hard Days In Andalusia: A fast-paced & rip-roaring action thriller with a vein of dark humour
A former MI6 senior field officer, now a private contractor to the underworld, heads to Spain to investigate the gangland slaying of an important client, only to discover the dead man was the father who abandoned her as a young child.
When an old-time British villain and his crew meet their end in a bloody shoot-out on the Costa del Sol, it's of little concern to most. After all, gangsters get killed. It's what happens in their line of work. Allegiances change. Men die. It's the way of things. However, when Mary Lawson a.k.a. 'The Accountant', a former MI6 agent turned independent contractor to the mob, is instructed by her shady bosses to investigate, things quickly get a lot more complicated. Hardened by her years in British military intelligence and ruthlessly professional, the woman who is no stranger to death and suffering, sets out to find who is responsible. However, on the 'Costa del Crime' with its regular influx of millions of tourists, a history of political corruption, and a diverse and thriving criminal underworld, nothing is ever simple.
Six Hard Days in Andalusia is the first of Damian Vargas's 'Costa del Crime' action thrillers. Vargas constructs an enthralling and intricate plot, weaves in a cast of unique characters, and then places them in wonderfully visualised, real-world locations in southern Spain.
Some highlights from recent reader reviews...
- "Rollicking good fun with surprising depth".
- "It’s incredibly well-plotted and quite extraordinary for a 1st book".
- "This is a great novel, that moves quickly, surprises, entertains and is equally violent, humorous and tragic".
- "Fans of Carl Hiaasen will find a lot to love here".
- "Violent yet amusing, exciting with a warm heart".
- "As close to unputdownable as real life allows".
- "Perfect holiday reading".
- "Much more riveting and original than a lot of action drama novels - people like Patterson can crack out the formulaic novels but takes a lot more skill and insight to produce a book with intense suspense, attention to detail and random bouts of (often dark) comedy - all present here in abundance. Recommended!"
- "Great characters, compelling plot and well written".
- "Hard to believe it's a first novel - as good and better than I've read from more established authors".
- "The descriptions of the scenery and venues for the action were also vivid and evocative. All in all a great read and one that I struggled to put down".